Ms Brooke Colaiezzi
International Dietary Data Expansion (INDDEX) Project, Tufts University
Expertise and interests
academia and research, Food policy, International Development, Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Public health and nutrition
Academic Support, Dietary Assessment, food and nutrition, food insecurity and undernourishment, Nutrition, Social and behavior change communications; strategic communications; social marketing; gender
Agricultural production, Agriculture, Aquaculture/ fisheries, Forestry, Livestock, Rural development, Consumption, Food, Food markets, Food safety, Food security, Food trade, Food value chains, Gender dynamics, Governance and policy, Resilience, Safety nets and vulnerability, Diet quality, Health, Health systems, Maternal and child health, One Health, Zoonoses, Biodiversity, Sustainability, Climate change, Sustainable diets, Urbanisation, Water and sanitation
I am a researcher based at Tufts University's Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy. My current area of work focuses on dietary assessment and the design of digital tools for dietary data collection and processing.
1. Coates, J.C.; Colaiezzi, B.A.; Bell, W.; Charrondiere, U.R.; Leclercq, C. (2017) “Overcoming Dietary Assessment Challenges in Low-Income Countries: Technological Solutions Proposed by the International Dietary Data Expansion (INDDEX) Project”. Nutrients , 9 (3), 289.
2. Coates, Jennifer, Brooke Colaiezzi, Winnie F.L. Bell (2017). “Technical Specifications for INDDEX24: New Dietary Assessment Technology for Scaling up Individual-level Dietary Data in Low-Income Countries”. The FASEB Journal, 31(1), Suppl.
3. Bell, Winnie, Brooke Colaiezzi, Cathleen Prata, Jennifer Coates. Scaling up Dietary Data for Decision-Making in Low-Income Countries: New Technological Frontiers. Advances in Nutrition, 2017 Nov; 8(6): 916–932.
4. Coates, Jennifer, Winnie F.L. Bell, Brooke Colaiezzi, Cathleen Cisse (2016). “Scaling up Dietary Data for Decision-Making in Africa and Asia: New Technological Frontiers”. The FASEB Journal, 30(1), Suppl.
5. Masters, William A., Brooke Colaiezzi, Katherine Dennison, Jeff Hill, Elizabeth Jordan-Bell, Ahmed Kablan, Melanie Thurber, Lorraine J. Weatherspoon, James Oehmke. (2015). “Agricultural policy for improved nutrition in Africa and Asia: Evidence to guide the US Government's investments in food security.” Food Security, 7(3), 747-750.
Click the links below for details of this members recent projects
- Member for
- 2 months 1 week