- Branca F, Demaio A, Udomkesmalee E, Baker P, Aguayo VM, Barquera S, Dain K, Keir L, Lartey A, Mugambi G, Oenema S, Piwoz E, Richardson R, Singh S, Sullivan L, Verburg G, Fracassi P, Mahy L, Neufeld LM. A new nutrition manifesto for a new nutrition reality. Lancet 2019; published online https://doi.org/10.1016/ S0140-6736(19)32690-X
- Raiten DR, Darnton-Hill I, Tanumihardjo SA, Suchdev PS, Udomkesmalee E, Martinez C, Mazariegos DI, Mofu M, Kraemer K, and Martinez H. Perspective: Integration to Implementation (I-to-I) and the Micronutrient Forum—Addressing the Safety and Effectiveness of Vitamin A Supplementation. Adv Nutr 2019;00:1–15.
- Bourassa MW, Osendarp SJM, Adu-Afarwuah S, Ahmed S, Ajello C,Bergeron G, Black R, Christian P,Cousens S, de Pee S, Dewey KG,El Arifeen S, Engle-Stone R, Fleet A,Gernand AD, Hoddinott J, Klemm R, Kraemer K, Kupka R,McLean E, Moore SE, Neufeld LM, Persson LA, Rasmussen KM, Shankar AH, Smith E, Sudfeld CR, Udomkesmalee E, and Vosti SA. Review of the evidence regarding the use of antenatal multiple micronutrient supplementation in low- and middle-income countries. Ann NY Acad Sci 2019; 1444: 6–21. doi: 10.1111/nyas.14121
- Schulze KJ, Mehra S,1 Shaikh S, Ali H, Shamim AA, Wu L S-F, Mitra M, Arguello MA, Kmush B, Sungpuag P, Udomkesmalee E, Merrill R, Klemm RDW, Ullah B, Labrique AB,1 West, KP and Christian P. Antenatal Multiple Micronutrient Supplementation Compared to Iron–Folic Acid Affects Micronutrient Status but Does Not Eliminate Deficiencies in a Randomized Controlled Trial Among Pregnant Women of Rural Bangladesh. J Nutr 2019;149:1260–1270.
- Ferguson EL, Watson L, BergerJ, Chea M, Chittchang U, Fahmida U, Khov K, Sengchanh Kounnavong S, Mai LB, Rojroongwasinkul N, Santika O, Sok S, Sok D, Do TT, Thi LT, Vonglokham M, Wieringa F, Wasantwisut E, Winichagoon P. Realistic food-based approaches alone may not ensure dietary adequacy for women and young children in South-East Asia. Maternal and Child Health Journal 2019; 23 (Suppl 1):S55–S66. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10995-018-2638-3
- Roos N, Campos Ponce M, Doak CM, Dijkhuizen M, Polman K, Chamnan C, Khov K, Chea M,Prak S, Kounnavong S, Akkhavong K, Mai LB, Lua TT, Muslimatun S, Famida U, Wasantwisut E, Winichagoon P, Doets E, Greffeuille V, Wieringa FT, Berger J. Micronutrient status of populations and preventive nutrition interventions in South East Asia. Maternal and Child Health Journal 2019; 23 (Suppl 1):S29–S45.https://doi.org/10.1007/s10995-018-2639-2
Independent Expert Group (Emorn Udomkesmalee as a member). Global Nutrition Report 2018: Shining a Light to Spur Action on Nutrition. Development Initiatives, Bristol UK, 2018.
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. 2018, Harmonization of approaches to nutrient reference values: Applications to young children anwomen of reproductive age. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. doi:https://doi.org/10.17226/25148. (Emorn Udomkesmalee as a Committee Member)
Chaimongkol L, Winichagoon P, Rojroongwasinkul N , Wasantwisut E. Development and validation of a dietary iron score for screening populations at risk for inadequate iron intake. Mal J Nutr 2018; 24(4): 493-506.
- Independent Expert Group (Emorn Udomkesmalee as a member). Global Nutrition Report 2017: Nourishing the SDGs. Development Initiatives, Bristol UK, 2017.
- Independent Expert Group (Emorn Udomkesmalee as a member). Global Nutrition Report 2016: From Promise to Impact. Ending Malnutrition by 2030. International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington DC, 2016.
Independent Expert Group (Emorn Udomkesmalee as a member). Global Nutrition Report 2015: Actions and Accountability to Advance Sustainable Development. International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington DC, 2015.
Hawkes C, Haddad L, Udomkesmalee E. The Global Nutrition Report 2015: what we need to do to advance progress in addressing malnutrition in all its forms. Invited Editorial. Public Health Nutrition 2015; 18 (17): 3067
Dr Emorn Udomkesmalee
Institute of Nutrition Mahidol University
Expertise and interests
academia and research, Community nutrition, Nutrition, Public health and nutrition
food and nutrition, food insecurity and undernourishment, Nutrition
Rural development, Agriculture, Consumption, Food, Food value chains, Resilience, Governance and policy, Diet quality, Health, Maternal and child health, Sustainable diets, Sustainability, Urbanisation
I am a Senior Advisor at the Institute of Nutrition, Mahidol University (INMU), Thailand.
Click the links below for details of this members recent projects
- Member for
- 1 month 6 days